Healthy 4 ingredient ice cream without the GUILT! SUGAR FREE & DAIRY FREE Continue reading
Vanilla hemp milk is creamy and delicious, lightly sweetened naturally from dates. Hemp milk is a great alternative to some of the other non-dairy milks that are lining the shelves of our grocery stores. Allergy season is upon us here in the Carolinas and for that reason I am trying to focus on a diet that helps reduce inflammation. Hemp seeds are noted for their omega 3’s an essential fatty acid that helps reduce inflammation. If you have ever made nut milks you will be excited to discover how easy it is to work with raw hemp seeds. Continue reading
Here is an easy recipe that is GLUTEN FREE, SUGAR FREE, DAIRY FREE & GUILT FREE! They are easy to make and a delicious little grab and go breakfast cookie or afternoon treat with a cup of tea.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 c gluten-free rolled oats *Bobs Red Mill thick cut
- ¼ c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 TB flax meal or flax/chia blend
- ¼ c apple juice sweetened dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 2½ TB cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ c cashew, almond butter or any favorite nut butter
- 2 TB cocoa nibs to sprinkle on top *optional
- *optional if using golden raisins instead of cranberries I like to add ¼ tsp cinnamon to the mix.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas and place them in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the cocoa nibs. Mix well until blended.
- Spoon the batter into 2" mounds and flatten slightly. This recipe will yield 12 cookies. Then sprinkle the tops of the cookies with the cocoa nibs. Bake them for 20 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool. They store nicely for several days on the counter.