Looking for a lightly sweetened alternative to store bought cookies? These cookies are gluten free and dairy free. The taste of cardamom and orange remind me of all the wonderful fragrant spices that accompany fall. Continue reading
One bite into these little oat cookies with plump raisins and cardamom will have you smiling from ear to ear. The soft texture and flavor of these cookies makes them the type of baked good that is enjoyable any time of day. Bake a double batch though they go fast! Continue reading
Healthy 4 ingredient ice cream without the GUILT! SUGAR FREE & DAIRY FREE Continue reading
Here is an easy recipe that is GLUTEN FREE, SUGAR FREE, DAIRY FREE & GUILT FREE! They are easy to make and a delicious little grab and go breakfast cookie or afternoon treat with a cup of tea.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 c gluten-free rolled oats *Bobs Red Mill thick cut
- ¼ c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 TB flax meal or flax/chia blend
- ¼ c apple juice sweetened dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 2½ TB cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ c cashew, almond butter or any favorite nut butter
- 2 TB cocoa nibs to sprinkle on top *optional
- *optional if using golden raisins instead of cranberries I like to add ¼ tsp cinnamon to the mix.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas and place them in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the cocoa nibs. Mix well until blended.
- Spoon the batter into 2" mounds and flatten slightly. This recipe will yield 12 cookies. Then sprinkle the tops of the cookies with the cocoa nibs. Bake them for 20 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool. They store nicely for several days on the counter.